Wednesday, November 25

From Sweden - just like me.

As a Swede (person from Sweden, NOT Switzerland! BIG difference!) , there are a few things that I'm very proud of, and feel that I have to share with you, and make you aware of their Swedish heritage:

  1. IKEA - brilliant concept, stylish furniture to extremely good prices. All the IKEA stores are painted in the colours of the Swedish flag, yellow and blue! So wherever in the world you are (that has an IKEA store), there's a small piece of Sweden!
  2. H&M - same concept as IKEA, but fashion instead of furniture. I don't really know how I'm supposed to survive without H&M in Sydney. Why isn't there a single store in Australia?? Is surf shorts the only thing they wear? ;) Every year, H&M collaborates with a famous, expensive brand and presents a cheap collection in great quality. This year they worked with Jimmy Choo, next is Sonia Rykiel and Viktor&Rolf and Matthew Williamson are two of the previous.
  3. Skype - the founder of Skype is Swedish! How awsome? Skype will be my link to Sweden when I move half way around the world. Can't really afford making $100 per minunte phonecalls several times per week..
  4. Spotify - if you havn't heard of it, you have to check it out! For about $14 per month, you get access to millions of songs, featured in a program that looks very similar to iTunes. There's no advertising and you can create your own tracklists, listen to then whenever you want and share them with your friends!
  5. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - I'm not a huge fan of soccer, but I know that this guy is pretty damn good. Actually, his probably the best Swedish soccerplayer through all time. He now plays for one of the best clubs in the world, FC Barcelona.
  6. Koenigsegg - what can I say? Producer of extremely luxury and expensive cars. I'm like a proud mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment